The Melbourne Cup Carnival is one of Australia’s biggest displays of sporting prowess. The entire carnival collectively brings together upwards of 400,000 fans over a 4 day period. Ohh, and not to mention riders from all across the globe, show-stopping fashion statements and some of the best cuisine in town. Securing a ticket can be a difficult task if you are not on the ball. So, to help you plan your Melbourne Cup experience, we’ve outlined all the ways to secure a ticket. The last thing we want is for you to miss out on an event that is very close to our heart!
Melbourne Cup Ticket Classifications
There is a heap of options when looking into Melbourne Cup tickets. But before we run through how to get them, it’s important to know what they are:
- General Admission: this one is self-explanatory. It will get you access to the ground including the lawn area alongside the railings.
- Hill Stand tickets: this is for the reserved area which is elevated above the track offering panoramic views of both the track and city skyline.
- Dining & Hospitality: these refer to the 9 marquees on offer. There is everything from high-class degustations to more relaxed environments. More on this later!
Melbourne Cup Tickets Through Ticketmaster
If you are on the hunt for a General Admission ticket then Ticketmaster is your no-fuss solution. Their booking system is simple and will allow you to select from any race day. You’ll need to keep an eye on the release dates. However, if you are looking for Hill Stand tickets or access to premium hospitality venues, please keep reading.
Melbourne Cup Tickets Through Travel & Sports Australia
It would be rude for us to mention what we can bring to the table. We have a team of travel professionals on board who can help you secure your Melbourne Cup Carnival tickets plus access to premium dining venues such as The Perch, Terrace Restaurant and Rose Room. We are an Official Tourism Operator of the Victorian Racing Commission so you can book in confidence knowing that we are backed by the real deal. We specialise in Dining & Hospitality tickets and travel packages.
Melbourne Cup Ticket Only (Dining & Hospitality)
As mentioned above, if you are chasing General Admission tickets, then Ticketmaster is the way to go. But if you are on the lookout for Hill Stand tickets and all dining options, then let’s chat. Quick links to Dining & Hospitality pages are below:
- The Perch
- The Terrace Restaurant
- The Rose Room
- The Stayers Lounge
- Panorama Restaurant
- Skyline Restaurant
- Makybe Diva Marquee
- Parade Lounge
- Home Straight Enclosure
We have ticket-only options across all race days during the entire Melbourne Cup Carnival.
Melbourne Cup Travel Packages
If you are coming from interstate or looking to lock down central CBD Melbourne accommodation during a pretty busy period, then travel packages are your answer. We have 4 types on offer this year:
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Day – 2-night package | 2 nights accommodation + Hill stand ticket.
- AAMI Victoria Derby Day – 2-night package | 2 nights accommodation + Hill stand ticket.
- Double The Fun – 5 nights accommodation | Hill stand ticket at AAMI Victoria Derby Day and Lexus Melbourne Cup Day.
- Trifecta of Race Days – 7 nights accommodation | Hill stand ticket at AAMI Victoria Derby Day, Lexus Melbourne Cup Day, Oaks Day.
We can also help you plan and secure the following elements:
- Flights (if you are coming from interstate)
- Transfers (vehicles or even a helicopter to Flemington if you are so inclined)
- Cultural events
- Travel Insurance (including the new Cancel For Any Reason policy)
The biggest advantage is that all the above can be booked online.
Melbourne Cup Tickets Through VRC
Another option if you are chasing hospitality tickets and access to marquees is to talk to the Victorian Racing Commission. If you are a large group, you’ll be asked to fill out a form online and one of their team members will organise the rest. There are tickets on offer to suit all budgets.
From General Admission, all the way up to the exclusive Birdcage, securing your Melbourne Cup ticket is just a click away. We recommend jumping online sooner rather than later as there is always a huge rush in the last few months leading up to the big day.