As we begin to look forwards to the Melbourne Cup Carnival, we’re receiving plenty of questions about the Carnival and Flemington Racecourse!
So here is a quick facts guide to cover the most popular ones!
The Carnival itself starts on Saturday 4th November, and ends on Saturday 11th November. The Melbourne Cup itself takes place on Tuesday 7th November.
448 Epsom Rd, Flemington VIC 3031.
Penfolds Victoria Derby Day – Saturday 4th November
Lexus Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7th November
Kennedy Oaks Day – Thursday 9th November
Paramount + Stakes Day – Saturday 11th November
The Hill Gate Entry is on Leonard Crescent
100%. Yes, you can leave and come back in by just displaying your ticket.
Absolutely, there are a few cloakrooms to pick from and at no charge. The list is below:
- Public cloakrooms:
Northeast corner of Betting Ring
Hill Stand – Level 1
Terrace Restaurant (Guests only)
- Committee Room (Committee Guests only)
- The Grandstand, Forum Level 1, East end, opposite lifts
- The Grandstand, Forum Level 1, West end, opposite escalators
- The Club Stand – Ground Floor, West
- The Club Stand – Level 1, East
- Chairman’s Club (Guests only)
- Parade Ring: here visitors can watch the horses be saddled up and performing brief warmups before heading to the start line.
- Mounting Yard: this is the final spot where the horses congregate and line up before hitting the track. Here you can see the horses being paraded in saddlecloth order.
YES. WiFi can easily be accessed across the venue. To connect, you’ll just need to search for ‘FLEMINGTON FREE WIFI’, open a web browser to accept terms and conditions and you’re good to go.
Yes, the public area’s with mobile charge stations are as follows:
- The Hill Stand Lobby
- The Hill Stand, Level 1
- Bernborough Bar
- Saintly Place
- The Park
There are also numerous locations available for members and corporate customers.