The Big Page of Information
FAQ’s, advice and some legal speak all on one page.
My passport must be:
- Valid for 6 months from date of arrival.
- Have the appropriate visas.
- With me for international travel.
Going to the US?
Please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov for important information regarding compulsory pre-registration for their visa waiver program (“ESTA”). Australian passport holders will not be able to enter the United States without a valid ESTA (or visa).
It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they are aware of any health requirements, including required vaccinations and necessary documents, pertaining to their visiting countries.
Don’t be late
Most airlines require passengers to check-in between 60-90 minutes prior to departure for domestic departures and between 2 – 3 hours prior to departure for international departures. The airline has the right to refuse boarding to passengers who do not check-in within the required check-in period. We do not hold any liability for failure to board your vessel as per the recommended times.
- Do I need travel insurance?
Travel & Sports Australia supports the Australian Government’s mantra – “if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel”. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover certain personal, baggage and cancellation risks. Please ask us for insurance information to meet your travel needs or get a quote online with our preferred travel insurances here.
We also encourage you to register with smartraveller.gov.au before leaving.
- What is the difference between single, double, twin, triple & quad share?
- Single is the rate per person for 1 person staying in 1 room.
- Double is the rate per person for 2 people staying in 1 room in a double bed.
- Twin is the rate per person for 2 people staying in 1 room in 2 separate beds.
- Triple is the rate per person for 3 people staying in 1 room.
- Quad is the rate per person for 4 people staying in 1 room.
- Is breakfast included at my hotel?
Breakfast is not included in our package prices; however, this can be organised for you at an additional charge. Please advise your consultant at the time of booking if you require this service and we can make it happen.
- I am a single traveller, can I have my own room please?
Yes, you can have your own room but a single supplement cost will apply.
- What time can I check-in and check-out of my hotel?
Standard hotel check-in times (note, the below is just a guide):
- CHECK IN: between 2pm-3pm
- CHECK OUT: between 10am – 11am
- I would like to extend my stay, can I arrange extra accommodation either side of my trip?
Certainly! All our package options are flexible therefore extending your travel will not be a problem. Please contact us 1800 33 44 23 if you require an extension to your stay and we can quote accordingly.
- I’m lucky enough to have friends that live in the event city so I don’t need accommodation. Can I purchase just tickets and flights through you?
We offer a variety of service options and can tailor any packages to suit your requirements and can definitely accommodate this request. However, if you are just chasing tickets-only, we’re sorry to disappoint but this will not be possible for any event on offer.
- I forgot to give you my airline loyalty program number, how do I add this to my booking?
You can definitely add your loyalty/rewards program number at any point prior to your departure date by simply contacting your consultant via phone on 1800 33 44 23, email email@example.com or logging into your online account if you made your booking online.
- I plan to pack more things than I thought, how do I buy more luggage for my flight?
No worries! It’s as easy as giving your nominated airline a quick call and purchasing the extra luggage over the phone. A heads up though – make sure you check the airlines applicable excess baggage policies before travelling so you don’t end up with any unexpected surprises at the airport.
- What time should I get to the airport before my flight?
There are different check-in times for international and domestic flights. For international flights, passengers should check-in approximately three hours prior to their flight departure time. For domestic flights, passengers should check-in approximately 60 minutes prior to their flight departure time. Please check with the airline you are travelling with for more specific check-in requirements.
- I want to use frequent flyer points to book my flight, can I do this?
We are happy to book your reward flights on your behalf. However, we do charge a small service fee to book them. Please contact us for more information and pricing.
- I’ve already got my flights, can I just purchase event tickets and accommodation through you?
Yes, you can purchase event tickets and accommodation only, unless specifically stated in the Terms & Conditions of a particular event. However, if you are just chasing tickets-only, we’re sorry to disappoint but this will not be possible for any event on offer.
- I want to upgrade my flight(s) to business class, how do I make this happen?
Upgrades can be arranged and are subject to availability. The best way to arrange an upgrade is to contact us on 1800 33 44 23.
- My frequent flyer points have not been credited to my account, what should I do?
When flying, we always recommend keeping your e-ticket or boarding pass in the event an airline has trouble crediting your account. If your points have not been added, please contact the nominated airline directly and forward them a copy of your boarding pass.
- We are a corporate group of travellers. Can we request a specific seat on the plane?
All members travelling in a large group may not be seated together due to each airline ‘seating policies. Although we always aim to seat travel companions together and send in requests, it is advisable to telephone the airline directly and request to be seated together prior to departure.
- Can I just buy an event ticket by itself?
Unfortunately, we are unable to sell event tickets individually and must be combined with a land and/or air service.
- I’ve got a separate booking to my friends, can you sit us next to each other at the event?
All requests are subject to availability & event restrictions therefore we cannot guarantee you will be seated next to friends if they are in a separate booking. However, our sales consultants always do their best to accommodate your requests.
- Where will my seats be in the stadium?
The exact seat number is not known until after we receive final numbers from the event providers, therefore, we are only able to offer you with seating blocks and categories prior to the event.
- When will I receive my game ticket/s?
For most events, tickets this will be supplied approximately 2 weeks before departure. In the event that your departure date precedes the arrival of tickets into our office, we will arrange delivery of your event tickets to the hotel you are staying at or have them available at the event for collection.
- I want to see a team play and it doesn’t look like you have packages online. Can you arrange a custom package for me?
Yes, we can customize a package to any major sporting events. Please call us on 1800 33 44 23 to arrange a consultation.
- Once I have booked and paid a deposit on my package, how long do I have to cancel?
Deposits and third party fees are non-refundable however refunds are subject to our policies. Please read our Terms & Conditions for our refund and cancellation policy.
- Are transfers from the airport to the hotel and/or hotel to the airport included?
Our packages do not include transfers unless specified, however we can definitely organize transfers for any booking and fees will apply.
- I have a transfer arranged, where do I go to get picked up?
Upon arrival into your destination, please make your way to the designated baggage carousel and look for your driver who will be holding a sign with your name clearly printed on it.
- I have a transfer arranged, where do I go when I depart?
All departure transfers will be leaving from your nominated hotel in the lobby area at the time designated on your itinerary provided by us.
- How can I pay for my package?
We accept cash, cheque, direct deposits and most major credit cards. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for further information.
- What should I do if my payment is declined?
We recommend you contact your bank or card issuer to check your credit limit.
- When will my credit card be debited?
Once your booking has been submitted online, your credit card will be debited instantly.
- Is my online payment secure?
As soon as you make an online booking, you will be viewing secure website pages. Any personal details entered including credit/debit card payments will automatically be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) so your transactions are private and protected. A padlock symbol at the bottom of your screen will also indicate you are in a secure area as does the beginning of the page address changing from http:// to https://. Your credit/debit card number is passed through to our payment provider for validation and debited via our booking system. If you do have a problem, despite the above security measures, your card issuer and Travel & Sports Australia will assist you as necessary.
- Can you assist me in booking restaurants, theatre shows and cultural events during my stay?
Definitely! We can organize tours, entertainment and any other extra activity for a memorable stay. After all, our consultants have experienced the events and know all the insider tips to get you on your way when you arrive.
- How do I book?
Travel & Sports Australia have three options for you to book you trip. You can book selected sporting events online using our custom booking engine, phone our WA based team on 1800 33 44 23 or visit our store on 1/544 Beaufort Street, Mount Lawley WA 6050 for a free consultation.
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once you receive a confirmation email and payment has been successfully received.
- How do I know my online order has been confirmed?
Once your order has been processed and a deposit is received you are confirmed on a package deal and will receive a confirmation email. Please read our Terms & Conditions for further information.
- What if I want to make a change to my reservation?
Simply send us an email with your booking reference number and your request or call our team on 1800 33 44 23. Please read our Terms & Conditions for our change and amendment policy.
- What should I expect once I have paid and booked?
Once you’ve made your booking, you will receive an email from us summarizing the following details:
- Your booking confirmation
- Your payment schedule (if applicable)
- Your travel Itinerary and travel information
- Your payment receipt
- Travel document collection procedure
- Full Terms & Conditions
- How long does delivery take?
Travel and Sports Australia (TASA), will commence ticket delivery for the event 2 weeks before your departure and you will be notified by email once your documents have been dispatched from our warehouse. Please note that for any confirmed booking you will also receive an electronic itinerary sent to your nominated email outlining details pertaining to accommodation, flights and event tickets.
All parcels are sent via Australian Post Express Post envelopes.
Once your documents have been dispatched from our premises, delivery times are as per Australian Post Terms & Conditions.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representation made as to delivery times are limited to Australia and subject to any hold-ups resulting from Australian Post delays.
Please note that some rural locations may take slightly longer.
- How can I change my delivery address?
But what happens if I move house and change address? No worries! If you wish to change your address, simply login to your TASA account 4 weeks before departure to change any personal details relating to delivery. For any last minute changes (within one month before departure), please chat with one of our consultants directly and they’ll get it sorted.
- Do we ship internationally?
No, unfortunately we are only able to delivery goods to Australia. Will I have to sign for my delivery? 1. Deliveries must be signed upon arrival. You may choose to have the parcel left unattended at your delivery address or sent to your local post office to collect later. Please make this note under the ‘postage information’ section on the ‘Pay Now’ page and we’ll handball these special requests through to Australia Post.
- Do you ship using Express Post?
Absolutely! All our documents are sent and tracked via express post bags. When documents are dispatched from our warehouse, we will provide you with a tracking number via email.
If you would like to track your goods, you can use the Australian Post, parcel tracking system! What happens if I am not home?
It will either be left unattended at your address (only if you have requested this) or the delivery driver will leave a note prompting you to visit your local Australian Post outlet, as stated on the docket.
Parcels are kept at the post office for 5 days – during this time you will receive a second reminder note. If the parcel has not been collected by then, it will be returned to our warehouse.
For residential deliveries being made by Australia Post, they can occur as early as 7am. For business addresses, the delivery will be made during regular business hours, 9am to 5pm.
- Can my order be delivered to a depot?
Yes, your parcel can be delivered to a depot. Please enter the depot address along with your name at checkout.
- Can I use ParcelPoint when booking?
Absolutely! ParcelPoint is a network of over 1,000 local Australian stores including news agencies, pharmacies and convenience stores. It allows you to have your order delivered to your nearest ParcelPoint location, so you can pick it up virtually whenever you want – forget long post office queues and waiting at home all day for a delivery!
During checkout, include the address of your ParcelPoint delivery location. Once submitted, we will deliver the order to that store for you to collect at a time that’s convenient for you.
- What happens if my parcel is damaged?
Our aim is to always deliver your documents in top notch condition. But as we know sometimes accidents happen. In the event your documents are damaged in any way, parts of your travel elements are missing, or you’ve received the wrong documents, please retain the items and the delivery note and contact us as soon as you can.
A signed delivery receipt and your original booking number (found on your itinerary) will really help us get your new documents sorted ASAP, so please keep them handy when contacting our sales team.
As soon as you let us know, we’ll do our best to get your new documents sent out ASAP and we will not charge you for any additional postage.
- What happens if I want to cancel my trip?
If you choose to cancel your trip, we will also refund your postage change providing that we have not dispatched your documents from our warehouse.
- Where do I find my travel documentation?
Your travel documentation will be sent to you with your confirmation email. We recommend you save these digital documents to a device for authorisation. You can also access your travel itinerary in your online personal account when you log in via our website at travelandsports.com.au.
- Review your travel insurance and register on smartraveller.gov.au
We strongly recommend that you register on smartraveller.gov.au and take out travel insurance to cover certain personal, baggage and cancellation risks. Please ask us for insurance information to meet your travel needs.
- How will I know if a VISA is required for my trip and how do I arrange my VISA?
If you book with us we, we will always inform you if you need a VISA for your trip. We can also help you organize your VISA’s with the relevant embassies. Fees will apply.
- Is the country I am visiting safe for travel?
- For information on safety conditions, we recommend you visit the Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for up to date information -> visit www.dfat.gov.au.
- What immunizations do I need before I leave?
Before leaving, we highly recommend you make an appointment with your travel doctor to discuss necessary vaccinations. When travelling its also a good idea to carry your vaccination certificates from your doctor as some countries will require proof of immunization before entry.
- How much validity do I need on my passport before travel?
Many foreign governments require visitors to carry passports with at least six months’ validity from the date of arrival back to Australia.
- Are my personal details confidential?
Any personal information that we receive from an online booking or form is stored in secure databases at secure addresses to prevent unauthorized access. By disclosing your personal information to us using this website or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information by travelandsports.com.au as stated in our Terms and Conditions. You can always amend your personal details by logging into your ‘My Account’.
- How long are my gift vouchers valid for?
Gift Vouchers are valid for use 12 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are non-transferable & non-refundable. Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Gift vouchers can be utilised for multiple transactions until the total value of the gift voucher is redeemed. Your gift voucher s valid for use for all domestic & international travel, destinations, events and transfers.
- How do I update the amount of emails I receive from you?
With our personalized ‘My Account’ section, you are able to login online and update the emails you would like to receive.
- You are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and the supplier product you have acquired.
- Information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete as required by any registration process.
- You will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate and complete.
The world of travel and sports
The Biggest Stadiums In The World
The unbeatable atmosphere at a sporting event is as much about the venue as it is the crowd who fill it. Here's our rundown of the world's 10 biggest stadiums by capacity and there's no surprise the USA fills most sports. But you'll never guess what stadium is #1......
How to secure you Melbourne Cup tickets in 2020
The last thing we want is for you to miss out on an event that is very close to our heart! So, to help you plan your Melbourne Cup experience, we’ve outlined all the ways to secure a ticket!